Denver is a truly beautiful place to live, but with hot summers and snowy winters, it’s important to have windows that can help maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. If a pane of glass breaks, Denver homeowners can get the pane replaced. However, if your windows are allowing cold air into your home, even while closed, it might be time to think about replacing the entire window.
No matter what you need, we’ve identified the best window replacement companies in Denver to help maintain the appearance, comfort and energy efficiency of your home.
Top Window Replacement Companies in Denver
1. Advanced Exteriors
Address: 2200 S. Valley Highway, Denver, CO 80222
Phone number: 303-756-7663
Our score: 91
Offering far more than just window and door replacement, Advanced Exteriors also specializes in roofs, siding, gutters and more. This company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has earned an A+ rating based on the transparency of its business practices and its handling of customer complaints. It’s been in business since 2006 and provides services to the entire metro Denver and Front Range areas.
Advanced Exteriors replaces all kinds of residential windows, including wood, vinyl, aluminum and composite. Although it isn’t mentioned on the company’s website, Yellow Pages lists Advanced Exteriors as providing emergency window replacement. Presumably, this is only available during business hours.
Here are some other highlights of Advanced Exteriors:
- Replaces all varieties of windows and exterior doors
- Offers painting and roof repair services
- Installs gutters, siding and insulation
Schedule a free in-home inspection by calling Advanced Exteriors or filling out a quick form on the company’s website.
2. True View Windows & Glass
Address: 3200 W 71st Avenue #20, Westminster, CO 80030
Phone number: 720-431-8783
Our score: 89
True View Windows & Glass has locations in both Denver and Phoenix, and it has an A+ BBB rating and accreditation. Located in the Westminster area, the Denver branch has a wide service area. True View technicians have a reputation for quick and efficient service as well as high-quality work. Additionally, you can reach out to the company via text.
In addition to installing windows, True View can cut custom glass. Along with patio door replacement, True View technicians can repair window and door screens, which is somewhat unusual for a glass repair company. You can even request the application of a special glass protectant to keep your windows or shower stalls clean and scratch-free for as long as possible.
Some other benefits of True View Windows & Glass include:
- Installs and repairs windows, shower doors, patio doors and screens
- Offers custom glass for windows, mirrors, walls, partitions, chair mats and more
- Uses Invisible Shield glass coating
To inquire about a free estimate, call or text True View Windows & Glass. You can also send an email to the company.
3. JDI Windows
Address: 5204 S. Prescott Street, Littleton, CO 80120
Phone number: 720-427-4477
Our score: 86
In recent years, JDI Windows has received service excellence awards from Three Best, NextDoor, HomeAdvisor and others. Customers agree, giving solid five-star ratings across Yelp and the BBB. A truly local window replacement company, JDI Windows sells and installs Amerimax windows, the only brand still manufactured in Colorado. All window installations come with a limited lifetime warranty.
JDI Windows’ only drawback is that its services are somewhat limited. The company installs vinyl energy-efficient windows but doesn’t cut glass to offer specialty windows. However, the company does install a variety of Amerimax doors.
Other highlights of the company include:
- Replaces awning, bay, casement, double slider, garden and picture windows
- Installs patio, pet and sliding glass doors
- Focuses on energy efficiency and using local products
Call JDI Windows or fill out the quick contact form on the company’s website for more information or a free quote.
4. Five Seasons Windows and Doors
Address: 1040 S. Gaylord Street, Suite 60, Denver, CO 80209
Phone number: 720-465-6728
Our score: 84
Although Five Seasons Windows and Doors has only five years of experience in the window replacement industry, it already has plenty of satisfied customers. Its service area encompasses Denver, Boulder, Vail and other cities in the central Colorado area. Owner John Kroeger is highly involved in running the business, communicating with customers and ensuring the quality of the company’s work.
Five Seasons Windows and Doors specializes in replacing windows in older residential buildings, but its technicians can work on new construction, as well. Unfortunately, the company’s website doesn’t provide much information about its services, instead encouraging prospective customers to call about their window and door needs.
Other benefits of Five Seasons Windows and Doors include:
- Replaces vinyl, wood, composite and fiberglass windows
- Works with homeowners insurance companies to help pay for damaged windows
- Partners with multiple manufacturers for custom windows
For a free, no-obligation quote, call Five Seasons Windows and Doors or enter your contact information on the company’s website.
5. Edgewater Glass
Address: 2217 Sheridan Boulevard, Edgewater, CO 80214
Phone number: 303-234-1027
Our score: 83
In business in Denver since 1982, Edgewater Glass is family-owned and operated. The company cuts and fabricates most of its glass in-house, offering a high level of quality control over the products it installs. According to some customer reviews, its technicians provide excellent customer service from start to finish.
The company offers all things glass, including single-pane and insulated glass for windows, mirrors, tabletops, cabinet doors, shower stalls and more. In addition to replacing windows, Edgewater Glass can rewire or replace screens and apply UV bonding to protect glass artwork and furniture.
Here are some additional highlights of Edgewater Glass:
- Cuts custom and specialty glass for a wide variety of applications
- Repairs and replaces window screens and screen doors
- Offers custom acrylic, plexiglass and carbonate shields and partitions
For a free estimate, call Edgewater Glass during business hours or fill out the contact form on the company’s website.
When choosing a window replacement company, take into account whether you need to replace an entire window or just the glass pane. Some companies specialize in one or the other, and you can save some money if you only need the glass replaced. We recommend speaking to at least three companies and requesting a free estimate from each one to compare pricing and services in your area.
Compare Top Window Replacement Companies in Denver
|Company||Advanced Exteriors||True View Windows & Glass||JDI Windows||Five Seasons Windows and Doors||Edgewater Glass|
|Specialty services||Emergency window replacement, painting, roof repair, gutter and siding installation||Screen repair, custom glass and mirrors, glass protection||Locally made windows, pet and patio doors||Window replacement in older buildings||Custom and specialty glass, screen repair, acrylic, plexiglass|
|Website||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Average Cost of Window Replacement in Denver
To replace a home’s windows in Denver, the average cost is $4,649, though projects usually range between $1,956 and $6,730. According to Manta, the average cost to replace a single window is usually between $354 and $477. However, replacing a single pane of glass is closer to $274. Your total window replacement price will depend on a number of factors, including the window style and location, the type of glass and the frame or sash material.
How We Chose the Top Window Replacement Companies
To help you find the best window replacement company, our reviews team researched numerous window repair and replacement providers, analyzing their services, reading through their guarantees and warranties and observing their customer service options, among other factors:
- Services: We awarded more points to companies that provide multiple window repair and replacement services, including broken glass and double-pane window repair, window component and mechanism repair, wooden window repair, energy-efficient window solutions, glass protectant services and specialty glass services for mirrors, doors, tabletops and other glass household items.
- Reputation: Some window repair companies may not provide great services or live up to their guarantees. We rated companies based on their Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings and customer review scores. We awarded more points to companies with higher BBB ratings and positive customer reviews.
- Warranties and guarantees: We scored providers based on whether or not they provide guarantees with their services, as this benefit ensures a repair or replacement is properly completed. We also considered whether or not a company offers a warranty of five years or more, as window and glass repairs may not show issues from the repair until years after.
- Customer service: Window repair companies that offer multiple lines of communication, such as an online chat and customer service phone number, received more points than companies with fewer options. Additionally, companies that supply same-day or emergency repair services received more points.
To keep our data current, our team regularly updates the data points for each company to ensure their coverage offerings, pricing and availability are accurate.
Window Replacement in Denver FAQ
What’s the difference between single-hung and double-hung windows?
A single-hung or single-sash window consists of two panes of glass aligned vertically. The top pane is stationary, but the bottom pane can move up and down for ventilation. A double-hung or double-sash window also has two panes, but both can slide up and down. Single-hung windows tend to be cheaper because they have fewer moving parts.
How long do windows in a Denver home last?
Even if you wish they’d last a lifetime, windows typically need to be replaced every 20 to 25 years. Proper installation and maintenance can go a long way toward extending the usable life of a window, as can investing in quality materials, but time and weather will eventually break them down. In general, windows that receive more frequent sunlight will start showing air and moisture leaks sooner than other windows around your home.
Is it cheaper to replace all of the windows in my house at once?
A whole-home window replacement project is expensive, but it might be cheaper than replacing each window as it breaks or leaks. If you replace all the windows in your home at one time, you can also upgrade the look and energy efficiency of your house substantially.
If there’s a reason other than age that one or two windows need replacing—for example, if they get more sun than the rest of your windows—it may be better to replace only the ones that need it. Additionally, large specialty windows like bay or picture windows may be projects of their own. If you need help deciding, ask your technician during an in-home inspection.