(14 July 2021) CWT has reached a milestone in its messaging solution service, with over 750 corporations in more than 110 countries now actively using the service.
After an initial launch with 25 clients in late 2019, CWT saw 300 clients adopt the service across 2020 – a 50% increase on CWT’s own program goals set for that year- with a further 425 additional clients signed-up to and actively using messaging as of 30 June 2021.
“We set ourselves a target of truly being where our customers need us in January 2020, prior to the reality of the global pandemic setting in,” said Niklas Andreen, CWT’s President Customer and Travel Experience. “Rapidly, messaging became a critical platform and service tool, relied upon by our teams, our customers and their travelers, as the world grappled with travel grinding to a halt, due to the pandemic.”
The CWT messaging team delivered all its 2020 targets and innovations, highlights of which include:
– almost quadrupling messaging market presence, having increased presence from 31 countries upon launch, to 112 markets today;
– 24/7 follow-the-sun configuration, ensuring availability when the traveler needs it;
– a multi-technology platform allowing access via Microsoft Teams, Facebook Workplace and myCWT;
– inclusion of Spanish language capabilities;
– incorporating messaging interactions side by side with phone and email in CWT´s leading counselor travel platform.
“For many customers, it has become the most popular support channel for 24/7 service, guidance and information sourcing,” added Andreen. “There are now many customers where messaging makes up more than 40% of their offline contacts. Simply put, it has become a channel of choice for convenient, text based responses whether from the mobile or desktop. Additionally, the integration of messaging into our customer’s normal messaging solutions such as Microsoft messaging – means it is right at their fingertips – instead of having to use separate applications or finding a phone number.”
CWT counselors manage all traveler messaging through the newly integrated one screen desktop introduced in 2019.