(28 Mar 2021) According to Airbnb’s What’s My Place Worth tool, people with property in Thailand could make an estimated THB 8,724 per month from being a host.
The estimate, based on an entire home listing in Bangkok with a guest capacity of four, has been calculated from booking data over the past 12 months for that area, multiplying a nightly price by the total nights of occupancy.
Airbnb’s What’s My Place Worth tool is a new resource that has been rolled out globally for prospective hosts to calculate their potential monthly income.
The interactive tool computes the estimated income through inputs for geography, type of listing and space and factors in prior Airbnb booking data in the area.
Airbnb’s recent consumer polling in Thailand found that there is pent-up demand for travel in the Kingdom.
Latest YouGov data supports this and indicates that travel with immediate family will be the main reason for domestic travel amongst Thais this year.
Thais are also seeking affordable and safe travel options that make them feel at home, with quick getaways and nature retreats likely to gain traction.
Airbnb in Thailand
According to a report by Oxford Economics, in 2019 Airbnb had approximately 99,000 listings in Thailand, including Stays and Experiences, and the company welcomed 2.5 million guests during the year, a 27% y-o-y increase and an almost eight-fold increase on 2015.
In 2019, guest spending amounted to THB50.7 billion of which THB47.2% billion (93%) was by international guests and the remaining THB3.5 billion (7%) by domestic guests. The average spend per trip was THB20,376 and THB18,076 for international and domestic guests accordingly.
Airbnb’s largest inbound market for Thailand in 2019 was Mainland China with a 38% market share, followed by the United States (11%), Hong Kong SAR (5%), South Korea (4%) and Singapore (4%).
Airbnb’s What’s My Place Worth tool can be accessed here.